hayder
Field Marshal - Muheeb
Field Marshal - Muheeb
مشاركات: 3116
اشترك في: الأربعاء أكتوبر 06, 2010 10:21 pm
مكان: Europe

MiG-25PDS and MiG-25RB

مشاركة بواسطة hayder » الثلاثاء أكتوبر 12, 2010 1:35 am

The Mach 3 queen of the skies... and the glorious record of Iraq's premier high performance aircraft and its servicemen.

TomCooper
Private 1st Class - Jundi Awal
مشاركات: 76
اشترك في: الأربعاء نوفمبر 03, 2010 11:01 am

Re: MiG-25PDS and MiG-25RB

مشاركة بواسطة TomCooper » الاثنين ديسمبر 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Mig_25_pilot كتب:Mr.Cooper
nice to see you, i have only recently read your book (iraq-iran war in the air 1980-1988) and thank you for it although and may be due to your resources, you have taken the iranin side of most stories and many iraqi pilots who read your book found it biased towards iran...
Dear Mohammed,
thanks for reading my books.

To answer your question, the situation is very simple: my co-authors and me always report the information that is available. We can't fabricate, imagine or construct information and evidence, but only report what we get. Thus, the more information we can get, the better - and more ballanced - we can report.

Now, ten and more years ago, when we started publishing, and then while working on the book "Iran-Iraq War in the Air, 1980-1988"), we attempted contacting official Iraqi sources (for example the embassy in Vienna, Ministry of Defence in Baghdad etc.). In essence, I got no replay at all. Nothing. Now, this is not to say that the Iranians - i.e. their officials - were more helpful. They were not the least. But, back then it proved far easier to find a number of their pilots and officers that live abroad, establish contacts and to interview them. The Iranians have also published dozens of books and hundreds of articles about their pilots and the Iran-Iraq War over the time. So, it's (relatively) "easy" to get data on the IRIAF. In comparisson, we've got only two ex-IrAF and one ex-IrAAC sources when working on that book (two former MiG-21-pilots and one former Mi-8 pilot, to be more specific). So, if you think that book is "their" (i.e. Iranian) story, then because of the situation with sources.

That said, the nature of this work is such that it never ends. We're permanently on the search for new sources, new documents, new photos. And, ever since that first book came out, in October 2002, we have released a number of new publications. I have presented two most recent publications about the Iraqi Air Force (books "Iraqi Fighters" and "Arab MiGs Volume 1"), in the corresponding section of this forum. On the top of that, I would like to bring to your attention the fact that in 2006, Farzad Bishop and me have joined our efforts with Brig Gen Ahmad Sadik (IrAF, ret.). Ever since, we have published the above mentioned book "Iraqi Fighters", plus:

- Two full special volumes of the French magazine "Avions", including their "Hors Serie No.22; The Iran-Iraq War: Air Combat. Part.01" and "Hors Serie No.23; The Iran-Iraq War: Air Combat. Vol.02", which are an "update" of the first book from 2002, mainly based on extensive input from Mr. Sadik and a number of new Iraqi sources.

- The Article "Basis H-3: Der Sechstagekrieg" (about the IrAF in 1967 War with Israel), in the German magazine Fliegerrevue Extra, Volume 17:
صورة

- Two-part article on Mirage F.1EQs in service with the IrAF, published in the French magazine Fana de l'Aviation (Nos. 435 and No.436)
صورة
صورةصورة

صورةصورة

- The article "The First Night" (covering the Iraqi Air Force operations in the night of 17 January 1991), in the International Air Power Review (Volume 26, in English), and in the Fliegerrevue Extra Volume 16
صورة

(In relation to MiG-25s, this was the first ever time that anybody in the West described the downing of Lt Cdr Michael Speicher's F/A-18C Hornet by a MiG-25PDS from No.96 Squadron from the night of 17 January 1991.)

- The article "Codename Susanna" in the French Magazine Fana de l'Aviation Volume 470/December 2008 - about the Falcon 50 equipped with the avionics- and weapons-system of the Mirage F.1EQ-5, which flew the attack on USS Stark, in May 1987 (bellow is the cover page of that issue)
صورة

As said, add to this the two books I mentioned above, and you're going to see that I'm very much curious, interested and spending plenty of time and efforts to research and publish about the Iraqi Air Force. Don't get me wrong, please, I do not want to boast: but, except for Dr. David Nicolle, I do not know any other Western author publishing to the topic of Arab air forces in general - not to talk about the Iraqi Air Force - as much as I did in the last ten years.

The only reason I did not publish more to this topic is the problem in finding sources and recording their recollections...
i will give you one example : do you think it is possible for a pair of F-5E to shoot down a Mig-25PDS flying at 65000 feet + at mach 2.4 with guns!!
no less than 8 aircraft including 2 f-14's took part and he was shot down by a AIM-54 from 60 miles away!
no aircraft was even within 30 miles of him to shoot him wih guns let alone see him in his cockpit!
I do not "think", but know that the MiG-25 in question was already damaged by an AIM-54A Phoenix missile fired by an IRIAF F-14A. That was the reason the Foxbat in question found itself flying deep inside the Iranian airspace at "only" 11.000m (approx 33.000ft) and less than Mach 1. A pair of F-5Es underway on a CAS sortie were ordered to jettison their bombs and vectored to intercept. Only the lead of these two Tigers, flown by Javadpour, managed to catch with the MiG-25: both of his Sidewinders failed to fire, so he selected cannons and fired two long bursts in front of the MiG, spending all of his ammo in the process. The last string of rounds hit the MiG, knocking out one engine and setting it afire. The pilot made an emergency landing at an airfield in northern Iraq. Brig Gen Sadik saw that plane with his own eyes after the landing, and confirmed that it was subsequently shot down.

BTW, only a few months later, the Iranian F-5E pilot that scored this kill was shot down over Iraq and became a POW. That way the IrAF was able to cross-examine his version of how that MiG-25 was lost.

Also, if that makes you feeling better: the Iranian authorities (the same authorities we all know how they treat former IrAF pilots, don't we?) - have recently also de-confirmed all the MiG-25 kills scored by the IRIAF pilots during that war. They have "re-confirmed" these to crews of various IRGC air defence units instead (including the MiG-25RB flown by the CO No.84 Squadron, shot down over Khark, in 1982 - where there were never any IRGC air defence units!).

Rest assured, you can trust me that when it comes to Iraq, there is hardly any other topic I'm as curious about like MiG-25s. Sadly, I only saw the wreckage of four Foxbats left behind at the abandoned al-Taqaddum AB, in 2006 (I saw flying MiG-25s only in Syria). But that was enough to amaze me about their sheer size and power.

The Iraqi Air Force is the only air force that flew and fought any serious wars with MiG-25s. It had a number of highly experienced MiG-25-pilots with highest numbers of hours flown on the type, flying most risky operations with the "Dinghy" (as the MiG-25RB was nick-named), and with most kills scored with the "Threesonic" (or what was the IrAF nick for MiG-25PDS?). You can trust me there would have been five books on this topic alone - if I could only scratch the few "pieces of puzzle" that are still missing and then also get enough photos...

Best wishes from (snowy) Vienna,
Tom

raaft
2nd Lieutenant - Molazim Thani
مشاركات: 410
اشترك في: الاثنين مارس 07, 2011 6:54 pm

مشاركة بواسطة raaft » الاثنين مارس 14, 2011 5:13 pm

السلام عليكم
اسراب الميك-25 عام 1988 هي 87 و97 و96
المتبقي منها هو 18 طائرة بعد حرب 1991 و8 في روسيا باقية هناك حتى الان
دمجت في سرب واحد هو 96

hayder
Field Marshal - Muheeb
Field Marshal - Muheeb

مشاركة بواسطة hayder » الاثنين مارس 14, 2011 9:03 pm

hi Raaft

welcome to the forum.

according to the official list, Iraq had 19 MiG25PDS, 9 MiG25RB and 7 MiG25PU in 1990. After the end of the 1991 war they had 5 MiG25PDS, 3 MiG25RB and 2 MiG25PU remaining.

please do let us know more details about the MiG25s (and others) in Iraqi service!

mfh2000
مشاركات: 43
اشترك في: الأحد أكتوبر 17, 2010 9:51 pm

مشاركة بواسطة mfh2000 » السبت مارس 19, 2011 9:22 pm

raaft كتب:السلام عليكم
دمجت في سرب واحد هو 96
السلام عليكم

شكرا اخي العزيز

ولكن حسب ما معروف ان السرب 84 كان السرب المخصص للميغ 25 اربي
والسرب 96 هو السرب المخصص للميغ 25 بي دي وبي دي اس
ولقد ذكرت انت ان هناك ثماني طائرات ميغ 25 لحد الان في روسيا فمن اي طراز هذه الطائرات هل هي من النوع المقاتل ام الاستطلاعي
ولقد حصلت على صوره لميغ 25 عراقي في روسياوهي مغطاه سابحث عنها لانشرها هنا
وتقبل تحياتي

mfh2000
مشاركات: 43
اشترك في: الأحد أكتوبر 17, 2010 9:51 pm

مشاركة بواسطة mfh2000 » السبت مارس 19, 2011 10:52 pm

السلام عليكم

ارفق مع هذه المشاركه صوره لطائره ميغ 25 عراقيه في روسيا ولكن لا اعرف تأريخ الصوره ولا طراز الطائره
وتقبلوا تحياتي
المرفقات
1.JPG
1.JPG (34.94 KiB) تمت المشاهدة 36323 مرةً

TomCooper
مشاركات: 76
اشترك في: الأربعاء نوفمبر 03, 2010 11:01 am

مشاركة بواسطة TomCooper » الأربعاء إبريل 20, 2011 9:38 am

raaft كتب:السلام عليكم
دمجت في سرب واحد هو 96
Salam, Raaft,
sorry to answer in English, but my Arabic is rather "rudimentary".

You mention No.96, 97 and No.87 Squadrons.

I know about No.96, which was a MiG-25PDS(e) (interceptor variant) unit, and No.84, which flew MiG-25RBs (recce/bomber variant).

Can you say more about No.97 and No.87 Squadrons? For example, what variants they flew and where were they stationed?
mfh2000 كتب:السلام عليكم

ارفق مع هذه المشاركه صوره لطائره ميغ 25 عراقيه في روسيا ولكن لا اعرف تأريخ الصوره ولا طراز الطائره
وتقبلوا تحياتي
That plane appears to be a MiG-25PDS(e): note rails for R-40RT/DT ("AA-6 Acrid") air-to-air missiles under its wings.

The MiG-25RB had no such rails; the MiG-25PU two-seat conversion trainer had them, but couldn't use Acrids.

raaft
مشاركات: 410
اشترك في: الاثنين مارس 07, 2011 6:54 pm

مشاركة بواسطة raaft » الاثنين مايو 02, 2011 6:31 am

السلام عليكم
تتداول كل مواقع الانترنت على ان السرب 84 يحتوي على طائرات الميك 25 وهذا ليس صحيح ولااعرف من فتى هذه الفتوى والحقيقة فان السرب 84 هو لطائرات الهيوز 500 وان اول سرب شكل للميك 25 هو السرب 87 في قاعدة الحبانية في اب 1981 ثم تشكيل السرب96 وبعده السرب 97 الذي اصبح متخصصا للميك25 اربي وبعدحرب 1991 كان الباقي هو 6 ميك25 بي دي اس و8 اربي و4 مزدوجة وقد سقطت واحدة بي دي اس في نهاية عام 92 باشتباك مع الطائرات الامريكية اثناء اقلاعها من فاعدة الكوت وكانت جميع الطائرات في سرب واحد هو 96 في قاعدة القادسية هذا ماخبرني به احد مهندسي السرب 96 وللاسف فهو لايعرف اعداد الطائرات قبل حرب 1991 لانه كان يعمل على طائرات الميراج الا انه ابلغني بانه تم تدمير اعداد كبيرة على الارض في حرب 1991 من طائرا الميك25

صورة العضو الشخصية
Mirage F1
Corporal - Naib Arif
Corporal - Naib Arif
مشاركات: 126
اشترك في: الخميس إبريل 28, 2011 6:00 pm
مكان: بغداد
اتصال:

مشاركة بواسطة Mirage F1 » الأحد مايو 08, 2011 4:07 pm

Dear Mr.Tom Cooper I Rely enjoy when I read your book but my father who was one of iraqi airforce high rank shocked when he read it because many of information excuse me for that are not correct
Iraqi Pilots approve them self as a heroes by shout down F-14 by mig-21 and achieve air superiority over battle field . so i will very happy if you need any information about iraqi air force

hayder
Field Marshal - Muheeb
Field Marshal - Muheeb

مشاركة بواسطة hayder » الأحد مايو 08, 2011 7:54 pm

hi mirage F1.

you can talk to tom directly by joining his forum acig.org

You can also highlight here more accurate information and corrections for our information!

صورة العضو الشخصية
Mirage F1
Corporal - Naib Arif
Corporal - Naib Arif
اتصال:

مشاركة بواسطة Mirage F1 » الأحد مايو 08, 2011 11:46 pm

اخ حيدر السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته فرصة سعيدة للتحدث معك هناك عدد من النقاط ارجوا توضيحها للقراء بالنسبة للميك25 حسب معايشتي للقوة الجوية العراقية و سكني خلال فترة الثمانينات في القواعد الجوية العراقية تقريباً كلها
1- معظم طياريين الميك25 هم من النخبة حيث تدرجوا من طائرات الميك 21 او الميك 23 وصولاً الى الميك 25 لذلك كانوا اصحاب خبرة قتالية عالية
2-معظم واجبات الأعتراض التي كان يكلف بها طياريين الميك25 هي داخل القطر وذلك لوجود بعض المحدوديات في الطائرة منها عدم وجود رادار له القابلية على كشف الطائرات بأرتفاعات منخفضة lock down and shot down radar بالاضافة الى انخفاض مستوى المناورة في الأرتفاعات المنخفضة بسبب وزن الطائرة الكبير الذي يزيد أحياناً عن 40 طن وعدم وجود مدفع رشاش كل هذه الأسباب دعى الى تكليف طائرات الميك 25 بواجبات الدفاع الجوي في الأرتفاعات العالية و المتوسطة فلا أعرف من اين جاء الكاتب من معلومات بأسقاط طائرة الميك25 بواسطة الـF-5
3-نادراً ما حصلت مواجهات بين الميك 25 و الـF-14 و لم اسمع بأسقاط طائرة ميك25 بواسطة التومكات بسبب تكليف كلتا الطائرتيين بواجبات الحماية و الدفاع كلاً فوق بلده و المواجهات التي حصلت هي بين MiG-25RBT عندما كانت تقوم بواجبات القصف داخل العمق الأيراني و الـF-14 و لم تسجل سوى حالة أسقاط طائرة ميك 25 واحدة وكانت بواسطة الدفاعات الجوية الأيرانية(صاروخ هوك) بسبب ان الميك25 كانت تطير بأرتفاع أقل من 8000 متر و سرعة أقل من 2 ماك
4- واجبات حماية الميك25 عند قصفها داخل العمق الأيراني كانت تكلف بها طائرات الـMirage F1EQ فأين حصلت حالات أسقاط الميك 25 بواسطة التومكات اذا كانت الميراج هي التي تقوم بواجب الحماية
وهذه بعض صور الميك 25
MiG-25PDS.jpg
MiG-25PDS.jpg (61.02 KiB) تمت المشاهدة 36131 مرةً
MiG-25.jpg
MiG-25.jpg (56 KiB) تمت المشاهدة 36131 مرةً
[/size][/color]

hayder
Field Marshal - Muheeb
Field Marshal - Muheeb

مشاركة بواسطة hayder » الاثنين مايو 09, 2011 11:50 am

rough translation,

1-most of the mig25 pilots are veterans of Mig21 / 23 and were all highly experienced.
2-most of the interception missions carried out by the MiG25 were inside Iraqi airspace due to the radar's limitations in look-down-shoot-down as well as the aircraft's weight, lack of manouverability and lack of cannon it was limited to medium-high altitude interceptions.
3-He has heard no evidence of F5 or F14 shooting down a MiG25 fighter.
4- Only combat loss of MiG25 was to a Hawk SAM inside Iran at altitude less than 8000m speed less than Mach 2.
5- the protection of MiG25RBTs was tasked exclusively to Mirage F1s and no MiG25 fighter could have been shot down since it didn't fly into Iran.

صورة العضو الشخصية
Mirage F1
Corporal - Naib Arif
Corporal - Naib Arif
اتصال:

مشاركة بواسطة Mirage F1 » الاثنين مايو 09, 2011 12:56 pm

thank U my brother for translation I really appreciate your act of kindness
in next time i will try to translate it on my myself

hayder
Field Marshal - Muheeb
Field Marshal - Muheeb

مشاركة بواسطة hayder » الاثنين مايو 09, 2011 4:06 pm

thank you MIrage F1. We would all appreciate if you can also update the threads for Mig 21, 23, Sukhoi 22 etc... with your knowledge.

صورة العضو الشخصية
Mirage F1
Corporal - Naib Arif
Corporal - Naib Arif
اتصال:

مشاركة بواسطة Mirage F1 » الاثنين مايو 09, 2011 11:22 pm

أخي العزيز حيدر وضع الغرب هالة كبيرة بخصوص الـf-14 و صارروخ الفونيكس في احد الأشتباكات الجوية بين العتيدة الـMig-21 و التومكات استطاع الطيار الأيرانية من الاقفال عن بعد على الميك 21 متجنباً القتال القريب و اطلاق صاروخ الفونيكس الغريب في المسألة ان الصاروخ اصطدم بالميك وحطم اجزاء من الدفة و لم ينفجر و استطاع الطيار العراقي من العودة الى القاعدة بسلامة من دون ان يصدق
اخي العزيز سياسة كذب كذب حتى تصدق نفسك سياسة اتبعها الغرب للترويج عن اسلحتهم و اتبعها الكثير ممن كانوا يشترون هذه الأسلحة لهذا اقنع القادة الأيرانيون طياريهم بالتطور التقني الكبير لطائرات التومكات وهي ستكون الحصان الفائز في اي منازلة حتى استطاعت الميك21 من اسقاط التومكات بعد منازلة جوية استمرت بحدود العشريين دقيقة وذلك لان قابلية الدوران للتومكات اسرع و اكبر بفضل جناحاها المتحركان لكن الطيار العراقي و مسيطر المقاتلات البطلان ضلا يحاولان حتى يأس الطيار الأيراني من الدوران معطيأ الفرصة للميك من ان تسقطه و تسقط معها اسطورة الـF-14

أضف رد جديد

العودة إلى “Air Force القوة الجوية العراقية”