SPuitH
Recruit
مشاركات: 6
اشترك في: الاثنين يناير 31, 2011 5:23 am
مكان: Claresholm, AB, Canada

Greetings from Canada

مشاركة بواسطة SPuitH » الاثنين فبراير 11, 2013 11:51 pm

Salam Aleikum!

After a few posts in the last year, I would like to introduce myself.

I am a Dutchman, born in the UAE (Dubai, 1978), and after living in the Middle East for 11 years (5 years UAE as a child, 3 years KSA + 3 years UAE in the period 2005-2012) I have recently moved to Canada as my wife is Canadian. We've had enough sand for a while... although I am a trained chemical engineer I am still looking for employment here in Alberta. I hope this does not take too long...

I have always had a big interest in the Iran-Iraq war as it was something talked about a lot in our family. Damaged ships, tankers waiting of the cost of Fujairah / Khor Fakken where we used to live, etc, etc. Curiously, almost nobody in the West really has a clue about this conflict except for those who were there. For most people, Iraq was only talked about in history class (Ur & Uruq) and after Desert Storm the country came a bit more into the picture.

Because of this, and because of my interest in aircraft, I have been working on putting together articles which describe the air forces, weapons and activities of the conflict. I started this in 2004 and made some headway. Unfortunately, work abroad and the release of new publication have slowed me down in putting good articles together. Luckily, forums such as ACIG (of which I have been a member since 2002) do put a lot of info together, mostly because of professionals and authors willing to share their info and stories.

Although I do not expect to put any articles together in the calibre of the books by Ahmed Sadik, Tom Cooper, Farzad Bishop and Babak Taghvae I do hope to put some honest articles together on this conflict. I hope this forum will help me in getting additional information from the Iraqi side.

Looking forward to some good discussions!

Shokran wa Ma'a Salama!

Sander

PS: Unfortunately my Arabic is limited, but I do know enough to talk myself out of a speeding ticket. Thanks to Google Translate I should be able to follow most conversations, inshallah.

صورة العضو الشخصية
Hawkeye
2nd Lieutenant - Molazim Thani
2nd Lieutenant - Molazim Thani
مشاركات: 326
اشترك في: الثلاثاء أكتوبر 02, 2012 10:09 pm

Re: Greetings from Canada

مشاركة بواسطة Hawkeye » الثلاثاء فبراير 12, 2013 1:38 am

Dear SPuitH,
Thank you to all this interest of our Air Force history and tournaments,and i wish you good luck.
But I'm afraid to tell you, unfortunately it's too late to get any info about the past " it could be possible there is some general information available here and there " But specific information would be almost impossible task " it's all up to you" i would not frustration you...
However if you wanna build a web page or a book worthy of confidence then I suggest you to be away from ACIG or Wikipedia both website filled with inaccurate information as well far from reality...

صورة العضو الشخصية
التوبوليف العراقية
Lieutenant Colonel - Muqqadam
Lieutenant Colonel - Muqqadam
مشاركات: 2761
اشترك في: السبت نوفمبر 27, 2010 6:29 pm
مكان: Dubai - UAE

Re: Greetings from Canada

مشاركة بواسطة التوبوليف العراقية » الثلاثاء فبراير 12, 2013 12:14 pm

:ymhug: YOU ARE MOST WELCOME HERE
المعرفة تسبق النصر، والجهل يسبق الهزيمة

أضف رد جديد