Omar
Private - Jundi
Private - Jundi
مشاركات: 25
اشترك في: الاثنين يوليو 30, 2018 1:42 pm

السلام عليكم, Happy to be here

مشاركة بواسطة Omar » الثلاثاء سبتمبر 11, 2018 1:38 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Omar. I am from Egypt originally but spent most of my life in the Gulf. I speak both Arabic and English fluently, but I write Arabic quite slowly so I prefer to write in English unless the situation calls for otherwise.

I am heavily interested in military history from the post-Napoleonic to first WW1 period and from WW2 to the end of the Cold War. I am even further interested in Arab militaries from the 50's to the 80's (particularly Egypt, Syria and Iraq). With regards to Iraq I like to cover the period of the Iran-Iraq war. I am very impressed with Iraq's military history. The title Prussia of the Middle East is well deserved as the fame, glory, discipline, professionalism, sophistication and equipment of its late army have always left me in awe. I am not as interested in the Iraqi military from the period of 1991 to the present (I don't like to read as much on military history after 1991 anyway).

I hope I can contribute well to the forum with what I know about Iraqi and Arab military history and learn much from the many people on here who are more well versed on Iraqi military history than I am.

I look forward to meeting all of you!

hayder
Field Marshal - Muheeb
Field Marshal - Muheeb
مشاركات: 3116
اشترك في: الأربعاء أكتوبر 06, 2010 10:21 pm
مكان: Europe

Re: السلام عليكم, Happy to be here

مشاركة بواسطة hayder » الأربعاء سبتمبر 12, 2018 12:53 pm

Hi Omar

Welcome to the forum. I hope that you can learn much and contribute even more to the knowledge of Iraq and its neighbours military and history.

hope to read your input. Don't worry about using English. This forum is bi-lingual.

صورة العضو الشخصية
Omar
Private - Jundi
Private - Jundi
مشاركات: 25
اشترك في: الاثنين يوليو 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: السلام عليكم, Happy to be here

مشاركة بواسطة Omar » الخميس سبتمبر 13, 2018 2:57 am

Thank you for the warm welcome Hayder!
:-bd

أضف رد جديد

العودة إلى “الاعضاء الجدد”