ME-262
Sergeant - Arif
Sergeant - Arif
مشاركات: 287
اشترك في: الخميس يونيو 23, 2011 10:40 pm
مكان: Washington DC

Iraq opens ship repair facility

مشاركة بواسطة ME-262 » الاثنين ديسمبر 05, 2011 10:09 pm

UMM QASR, Iraq, Dec. 5 (UPI) -- The Iraqi navy has opened a ship repair facility for five vessel classes with assistance from the U.S. Naval Sea Systems Command.

The facility in Umm Qasr, Iraq, was equipped by the United States as part of a Foreign Military Sales Agreement and the U.S. Navy will continue to provide it and its Iraqi personnel with training and technical support services.

"I'm very proud of Adm. (Ali Hasan) Ali, head of the Iraqi navy, and his team of sailors who have made the ship repair facility a state-of-the-art, intermediate maintenance operation which will allow the Iraqi Navy to maintain and sustain its growing fleet," said U.S. Navy Rear Adm. Kelvin Dixon, director, Iraqi Training and Advising Mission-Navy.

NAVSEA said it began last year to acquire, install and provide training for maintenance and repair equipment. The SRF is divided in five major work centers. NAVSEA installed more than 40 industrial machines and also provided spare parts and support equipment.

In addition to supplying equipment and training Iraqi personnel, NAVSEA helped in the repair and maintenance of legacy Iraqi patrol boats.

أضف رد جديد

العودة إلى “Navy البحرية”