ME-262
Sergeant - Arif
Sergeant - Arif
مشاركات: 287
اشترك في: الخميس يونيو 23, 2011 10:40 pm
مكان: Washington DC

Re: مجلس الوزراء يصادق على التعاقد على شراء 18 مقاتلة أف-16

مشاركة بواسطة ME-262 » الجمعة ديسمبر 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Why would Iraq buy anti-ship missiles? 1)we don't have the platforms that can launch such missiles, 2)we are not an island; naval threats to Iraq are limited to a very narrow shoreline of some 60 km, 3)Iraq's most precious offshore asset is the oil platforms, which are more likely to be targeted with small boats, not large warships...you don't need Harpoons to sink speed boats, 4)the most likely naval threat to Iraq is Iran's navy, which doesn't have many vessels large enough to be worth a Harpoon.

الجيش العراقي الجديد
Corporal - Naib Arif
Corporal - Naib Arif
مشاركات: 127
اشترك في: الأربعاء أكتوبر 26, 2011 12:47 pm

مشاركة بواسطة الجيش العراقي الجديد » الجمعة ديسمبر 02, 2011 6:06 pm

ME-262 كتب:Why would Iraq buy anti-ship missiles? 1)we don't have the platforms that can launch such missiles, 2)we are not an island; naval threats to Iraq are limited to a very narrow shoreline of some 60 km, 3)Iraq's most precious offshore asset is the oil platforms, which are more likely to be targeted with small boats, not large warships...you don't need Harpoons to sink speed boats, 4)the most likely naval threat to Iraq is Iran's navy, which doesn't have many vessels large enough to be worth a Harpoon.

[-x [-x [-x [-x

no if we buy the f 16 it carry the harpoon platform , even though we dont have a large shoreline we had an anti ship missile (excoset ) that was carried on the mirage f1

صورة العضو الشخصية
ME-262
Sergeant - Arif
Sergeant - Arif

مشاركة بواسطة ME-262 » الجمعة ديسمبر 02, 2011 7:20 pm

I am familiar with the role anti-ship missiles have for Iraq. My cousin flew one of those Exocets carrying F-1 between 86 and 88. Targets were mostly commercial shipping, primarily oil tankers traffic around Khark island. In other words, Iraq can use anti-ship missiles as an offensive capability to punish its foes economically, but they are not an essential defense need.

When you have limited budget and time, you defense planner must select his priorities carefully.

الجيش العراقي الجديد
Corporal - Naib Arif
Corporal - Naib Arif

مشاركة بواسطة الجيش العراقي الجديد » الجمعة ديسمبر 02, 2011 8:31 pm

ME-262 كتب:I am familiar with the role anti-ship missiles have for Iraq. My cousin flew one of those Exocets carrying F-1 between 86 and 88. Targets were mostly commercial shipping, primarily oil tankers traffic around Khark island. In other words, Iraq can use anti-ship missiles as an offensive capability to punish its foes economically, but they are not an essential defense need.

When you have limited budget and time, you defense planner must select his priorities carefully.

well i am totally with you for the last phrase

صورة العضو الشخصية
TangoIII
Lieutenant Colonel - Muqqadam
مشاركات: 14927
اشترك في: الثلاثاء أكتوبر 12, 2010 6:11 pm
مكان: some where out home
اتصال:

مشاركة بواسطة TangoIII » الجمعة ديسمبر 02, 2011 10:53 pm

المهد قبل الولد أو العافية درجات... تنطبق على هذه الامنيات حتى يتم أستكمال تدريب الطيارين اللازمين لقيادة هذه الطائرات وثم يتم أستلامها- الطائرات- وتشغيلها عندها يتم التفكير بتزويدها بأسلحة مضادة للسفن وماهي أولويات هذا التسليح والحاجة له عندها يمكن الحديث عن أي من الخيارات المتاحة او غيرها؟؟؟؟؟؟!...
مع التحيات

الجيش العراقي الجديد
Corporal - Naib Arif
Corporal - Naib Arif

مشاركة بواسطة الجيش العراقي الجديد » الجمعة ديسمبر 02, 2011 11:29 pm

TangoIII كتب:
المهد قبل الولد أو العافية درجات... تنطبق على هذه الامنيات حتى يتم أستكمال تدريب الطيارين اللازمين لقيادة هذه الطائرات وثم يتم أستلامها- الطائرات- وتشغيلها عندها يتم التفكير بتزويدها بأسلحة مضادة للسفن وماهي أولويات هذا التسليح والحاجة له عندها يمكن الحديث عن أي من الخيارات المتاحة او غيرها؟؟؟؟؟؟!...
مع التحيات

شكرا اخوية بس المهم توصل الاف 16 و انشالله كل خير

hayder
Field Marshal - Muheeb
Field Marshal - Muheeb
مشاركات: 3116
اشترك في: الأربعاء أكتوبر 06, 2010 10:21 pm
مكان: Europe

مشاركة بواسطة hayder » الثلاثاء ديسمبر 06, 2011 7:39 am

finally we have the OFFICIAL price for the aircraft and maintenance services....

http://www.defense.gov//contracts/contr ... actid=4677

Lockheed Martin Corp., Fort Worth, Texas, is being awarded a $835,000,000 firm-fixed-price, time-and-material and cost-plus-fixed-fee contract for a Foreign Military Sales Program which will provide the government of Iraq with the following: 18 F-16 C/D Block 52 Multi-Role Fighter Aircraft (12C models and 6 D models); support equipment; technical orders; integrated logistics support; and contractor logistics support. The location of the performance is Fort Worth, Texas. Work is expected to be completed May 30, 2018. ASC/WWMK, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, is the contracting activity (FA8615-12-C-6012).

hayder
Field Marshal - Muheeb
Field Marshal - Muheeb

مشاركة بواسطة hayder » الثلاثاء ديسمبر 06, 2011 7:46 am

In brief.

The aircraft cost $835M INCLUDING maintenance/logistics support (this means that Iraq's deposit of $1.5Bn earlier this year was for a 3 batches or more of F16s) -

the additional missiles/bombs/pods that Iraq bought with this batch are worth less than $100M in total, the engines another $60M (P&W engine $3.5M x 23x engines) and do not explain away the difference between the amount Iraq deposited and the cost of this initial fleet.

Since the deposit amount for FMS sales is usually about 50% of the total price, then expect that about $500M of the money Iraq deposited were for this initial batch. This indicates that a further 36 aircraft have also had a deposit put down for (for a total of 54 F16s). And it also explains the talk of $3Bn contract that officials spoke of.

Price is confirmed at $46M per unit for airframe with service. With the engine it would be about $50M which is the realistic fly away cost, rather than the ludicrous figure of $166M being bandied about in the media.

The F16 type is Block 52

It includes 6x 2-seaters and 12x single-seaters (indicating that this is more than likely an OCU for a larger fleet)

صورة العضو الشخصية
ME-262
Sergeant - Arif
Sergeant - Arif

مشاركة بواسطة ME-262 » الأربعاء ديسمبر 07, 2011 2:08 am

Wonderful news...finally a confirmation! hanks for breaking this down, Hayder....perhaps that $1.5Bn was down payment for the full wishlist of 96 F-16s the generals said Iraq should ideally get.

hayder
Field Marshal - Muheeb
Field Marshal - Muheeb

مشاركة بواسطة hayder » الأربعاء ديسمبر 07, 2011 9:25 am

and most importantly confirmation of my sanity after hearing so much crap about $3Bn for 18 F16s!

الجيش العراقي الجديد
Corporal - Naib Arif
Corporal - Naib Arif

مشاركة بواسطة الجيش العراقي الجديد » الأربعاء ديسمبر 07, 2011 10:50 am

is this mean that iraq bought 54 aircraft ???

صورة العضو الشخصية
ME-262
Sergeant - Arif
Sergeant - Arif

مشاركة بواسطة ME-262 » الأربعاء ديسمبر 07, 2011 7:45 pm

Sort of, but using a phased approach...it means that Iraq is probably making several orders (up to 5) of 18 aircraft each. It will take a couple years to deliver each batch, so we're probably looking at deliveries starting in 2013 and all the way through 2020-2022

صورة العضو الشخصية
mosab
Sergeant - Arif
Sergeant - Arif
مشاركات: 249
اشترك في: الخميس أكتوبر 21, 2010 2:44 pm
مكان: Edmonton,AB

مشاركة بواسطة mosab » الأحد ديسمبر 11, 2011 5:02 am

http://alsabaah.com/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=18175
اخيرا اكتشفت لجنة الامن و الدفاع ان تسليم ال ف-16 يحتاج الى 3 سنوات و ان العراق الآن مكشوف!!!!!
Per Ardua, Ad Astra.

hayder
Field Marshal - Muheeb
Field Marshal - Muheeb

مشاركة بواسطة hayder » الأحد ديسمبر 11, 2011 1:00 pm

hahahaha. they are such a fucking joke. this was obvious to everyone else 4 years ago!

صورة العضو الشخصية
TangoIII
مشاركات: 14927
اشترك في: الثلاثاء أكتوبر 12, 2010 6:11 pm
مكان: some where out home
اتصال:

مشاركة بواسطة TangoIII » الاثنين ديسمبر 12, 2011 11:35 pm

على ضوء زيارة المالكي لواشنطن المتحدث بأسم مجلس الامن القومي الامريكي تومي فيكتور أعلن أنه قد تم أبلاغ الكونغرس برغبة العراق بشراء دفعة آخرى من 18 مقاتلة اف-16 لتعزيز قواته الجوية. وهذا ما كان متداول خلال الفترة الماضية
US to sell Iraq 18 more F-16 warplanes

The United States plans to sell Iraq 18 more F-16 fighter jets as Baghdad seeks to secure its airspace after the full withdrawal of US forces this month, a US official said Monday.

"Today the administration notified Congress of its intent to sell Iraq a second tranche of 18 F-16s," said National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor.

"This sale is another indication of the continuing US-Iraqi security relationship and cooperation," Vietor said after President Barack Obama met Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki at the White House.

"It also illustrates the progress Iraq has made in providing for its own security, and its determination to protect its sovereignty and independence."

Iraq signed a deal to buy an initial tranche of 18 warplanes earlier this year after Maliki said he wanted to equip Iraq's air force with a total of 36 of the jets in a multi-billion dollar deal.

Obama said that the United States would train pilots for the planes, as an example of the close military cooperation Washington intends to maintain with Baghdad even after the final US troops leave the country later this month.

"We will be working to set up effective military-to-military ties that are no different from the ties that we have with countries throughout the region and around the world," said Obama.

"We've got to train their pilots and make sure that they're up and running and that we have (an) effective Iraqi air force."

The F-16, manufactured by Lockheed Martin, is one of the most widely used fighter jets in the world and has been exported to over 20 countries.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-sell-iraq-18-m ... 55967.html

أضف رد جديد

العودة إلى “Air Force القوة الجوية”